I fully intended to dedicate today’s post to my hour long gym session and the sweet potato kale soup I had for lunch, om nom nom. Instead, I will be responding to a quick Q&A that I received via Melissa @ Freeing Imperfections when she nominated me for the Liesbter Award!
What’s the Liebster Award you ask?
Here is a brief explanation of the award, taken from Melissa who quoted her nominator, Brooke at Running in Heels. I feel like I’m playing telephone now 🙂
- This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs (aka, don’t nominate the person who nominated you).
Easy enough, right? I may have had to read the explanation twice. But only for clarification purposes of course…
I am so excited to do this and so grateful to Melissa for acknowledging my blog. Even more so perhaps, I look forward to showing some of my favorite writers the same blog love!
My questions to answer:
1. Where did you come up with your blog’s name? I knew that I wanted my blog to encompass a little bit of everything, so I tried to think of a name that summed up my life in a nutshell. Although, now that I will be turning 26 in a couple months, I realize that I may have made my blog name a bit too age and location specific!
2. What’s your favorite type of cardio? If I am at the gym, I love the elliptical. Otherwise, I love hiking.
3. What’s your least favorite exercise? My least favorite exercise is probably the treadmill. I prefer to run outside.
4. Would you rather be gluten intolerant or lactose intolerant? This is so hard to decide because I love bread, but I really love ice cream. If I had to choose, I guess I would rather be lactose intolerant.
5. Cold or hot climate? Hot! After living in the Midwest for 22 years, I was thrilled to trade in my snow boots for a pair of cowboy boots. Bring on the heat!
6. If you could eat only one dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be? Scotcheroos. As a matter of fact, this dessert merits a blog post of its own. Stay tuned…..
7. What imperfection about yourself do you kind of like? I am pretty short, 5’1 at best. But I’ve never really minded. Except when I wish I could audition for ‘America’s Next Top Model.’ Just kidding. Kind of.
8. Favorite Christmas gift from 2012? A homemade chalkboard from my mom.
9. Name something you never thought you would or could do that you’ve since done. Moving halfway across the country. I never imagined that I would leave Iowa for Texas, but I am so glad I did.
10. Name the first 5 things you can pull out of your purse right now. Debit card, lip balm, iPhone, license, and Aleve.
11. Name one way that blogging has grown you as an individual. Blogging has encouraged me to accept who I am, while still striving to become a better person each day.
And now, the fun part! My nominees for the Liebster Award…
De @ Cooking for the Other Half
Ashley @ Cupcakes n’ Crunches
Liz @ Tip Top Shape
Alex @ Cookie Dough Katzen
Meghan @ After the Ivy League
Katie @ running4cupcakes
Alex @ The Run Within
Grace @ Practicing Grace
Natalie @ Free Range Human
Erica @ For The Sake of Cake
Heather @ Girly Ever After
Your Questions to Answer, if you so desire:
- What is your dream job?
- What is your ‘happy place’?
- If you could travel somewhere that you have never been, where would you go?
- What is your all-time favorite movie?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday?
- What is one goal you have that you are yet to accomplish?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
- What was the best part of your day?
- What is your all-time favorite book?