Summer=Barbeques, Picnics, and Pool Parties.
Barbeques, Picnics, and Pool Parties=Food. And lots of it.
Naturally, dessert (chocolate in particular) is my favorite food. And while I’m happy to prepare the final portion of the meal for any event I attend, I still don’t want to a.) break the bank, or b.) spend the entire summer in the kitchen. So, for an easy, budget friendly ($6.63 to be exact), and incredibly tasty dessert, I often turn to éclair cake!
INGREDIENTS for Éclair Cake:
Instant Vanilla Pudding (5.1 oz)
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 cups milk
1 (16 ounce) package graham crackers
1 (16 ounce) container chocolate frosting
1. Prepare pudding in large bowl as directed on box.
2. Stir in frozen whipped topping until smooth.
3. Lay graham crackers in a 9×12’ pan (so that they cover the whole bottom)
4. Pour pudding & whipped topping mixture onto layer of graham crackers
5. Layer graham crackers on top of pudding & whipped topping
6. Melt frosting (remove lid and foil) in microwave for 45-60 seconds
7. Stir melted frosting
8. Pour frosting on top of final layer of graham crackers
Side Note: Éclair cake tastes best after it has been in the fridge for 12+ hours, allowing the ingredients to blend. However, it can be served earlier and is still very tasty.
Bonus: For the calorie counters and health conscious, éclair cake can be made semi-healthy with skim milk, low fat, and sugar free ingredients!